This hearty tortellini soup comes together in one pot and is full of veggies and fresh herbs.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (32-ounce) box chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (9-ounce) fresh cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and carrots. Cook until softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, salt and, pepper. Bring to the pot to a strong simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tortellini to the soup and simmer it until the tortellini is cooked through about 10 minutes. Add the fresh herbs and stir to combine. To server, ladle the soup into bowls and serve with grated Parmesan.
Please see the recommendations in the post about how to store the leftovers or if you want to make this soup ahead. The pasta does not keep well in the soup – it will absorb all of the liquid.
Nutrition information does not include the Parmesan cheese garnish.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 11.1g
- Fat: 14.7g
- Carbohydrates: 52.7g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Protein: 16.3g
Keywords: tortellini soup, easy tortellini soup, soup with pasta