Tortellini tossed with pesto, zucchini, summer squash, and hearty Italian sausage. This is an easy 30-minute dinner.
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh four-cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage (spicy or mild)
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half-moon shapes
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into half-moon shapes
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cook the tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and set it aside.
- In a medium-sized pan heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage and brown it, breaking it up as it cooks. Once it’s cooked through remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the zucchini and yellow squash to the same pan and cook them until they’ve softened, about five minutes or so. Add the lemon juice to the pan and scrape up any browned bits of the bottom of the pan. Add the sausage and salt and give it all a good stir to combine. Add the cooked pasta and pesto and stir.
- Garnish each serving with a squeeze of lemon, grated Parmesan, and chopped parsley.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 814
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Sodium: 1639.2mg
- Fat: 61.7g
- Saturated Fat: 19.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 38.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 35.6g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 29.2g
- Cholesterol: 116.7mg
Keywords: pesto tortellini, tortellini with sausage, sausage and zucchini pasta recipe