This easy chicken skillet is full of Tuscan-inspired ingredients like cannellini beans, fresh herbs, white wine, and tomatoes. It’s a one-pan 30-minute dinner that’s light and fresh.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 (15-ounce)can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Toasted bread, for serving
- In a 10-inch pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook them in the oil for one minute, or just until the garlic is fragrant. Add the chicken and cook it with the onions and garlic until it’s no longer pink about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and let it simmer in the pan for a minute or so and scrape up any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the tomatoes and beans and bring the pan to a simmer. Simmer it all for about ten minutes or until the tomatoes start to break down. Add half of the parsley and basil and stir to combine.
- Garnish each serving with the rest of the basil, parsley, and the parmesan cheese. Serve with toasted bread on the side.
Nutrition estimate does not include the bread.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 3.6g
- Sodium: 411.9mg
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 35.1g
- Cholesterol: 92.4mg
Keywords: white beans and chicken recipe, tuscan chicken recipe