Easy 30-minute sesame beef is an easy recipe inspired by take-out. The beef is cooked in a savory sauce and served with crisp-tender vegetables and rice. This recipe is a great dinner for two or double it to serve more!
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (see note)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound chuck-eye steak seasoned with salt and pepper, sliced thin against the grain
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup snow peas, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, white and tender green parts sliced
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Whisk the garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, pepper, red pepper flakes and honey in a small bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and whisk until smooth.
- Coat the beef in 1 teaspoon of cornstarch. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until it easily coats the bottom of the pan. Place the beef in a single layer in the pan and cook it for about five minutes, or until it’s browned. Transfer the beef to a plate. Add the bell pepper and snow peas to the skillet and cook them for 2-3 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a plate.
- Transfer the beef back to the pan and add the sauce. Cook the beef and sauce for about a minute, or until the sauce thickens and coats the beef. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top of the beef.
- Divide the rice, beef, and veggies between two bowls. Garnish with the sliced green onion.
If you are sensitive to salt, use low-sodium soy sauce.
The leftovers are great – just store them in an airtight container and they’ll last for three to four days in the fridge.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 515
- Sugar: 6.1g
- Sodium: 972.5mg
- Fat: 28.6g
- Saturated Fat: 12.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14.7g
- Trans Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 38.6g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 77.1mg
Keywords: sesame beef, beef stir fry