Hi there! I’m April aka Girl Gone Gourmet! Welcome to my food world, otherwise known as my food & recipe blog where I share gourmet comfort food recipes made with everyday ingredients.
I’ve been sharing all of my favorite recipes on this site since 2009 and many have been featured on numerous websites like Buzzfeed, Countryliving.com, Self.com, Chowhound.com as well as other places around the web. In 2018 I published my first cookbook, Gourmet Cooking for One (or Two) with Page Street Publishing.
About the Recipes
I ❤ comfort food and you’ll find lots of familiar dishes with my own special twist. I love using simple and accessible ingredients to make delicious dishes and share all of them with you!
- Creative Pasta Recipes
- Beautiful Soups and Stews
- Familiar favorites like tacos, casseroles, and chicken dinners with upgraded twists.
- Quick and easy recipes that take 30 minutes or less.
- Recipes for one or two people
- Desserts, side dishes, appetizers, and more!
Take a Look Around
- Looking for an idea for dinner, side dish, or quick and easy recipes? Be sure to check out my Recipe Index where you can use filters to sort through the 400+ recipes on this site.
- Love a recipe? You can save your favorites by clicking the heart located on the right side of your screen ❤ Click the magnifying glass and you’ll find all of your favorites in one place (or search for new recipes to try!).
- Browse Reader Favorite Recipes also known as my greatest hits!
- In 2018, I published my first cookbook, Gourmet Cooking for One (or Two). Check it out on Amazon or learn more about it on my Cookbook page.
- Join my Weekly Newsletter and get my newest recipes and other delicious ideas sent to your inbox. This is the best way to stay updated on new posts and recipes!
- In a hurry? Look for the “print recipe” button at the top of each post.
I’m a passionate home cook, cookbook author, recipe developer, freelance writer, ghostwriter, food photographer, and dog mom.
I garnish (almost) everything with parsley and believe you can make deliciously amazing dishes with everyday ingredients.
I lived in Colorado, New Mexico, Texas and North Carolina before I returned to my home state of Wyoming where I now live with my 4-year-old golden retriever, Feynman.
I grew up eating hearty comfort food and I love creating new recipes inspired by old favorites with twists influenced by the places I’ve lived and traveled to. I’m a former corporate gal with a background in sales and operations but left the 8 to 5 life to work full-time as a writer, recipe developer, and food photographer.
I’m so happy you’re here! Have a question or want to say hi? Contact me!