Mushrooms in a creamy balsamic sauce tossed with fettuccine pasta. It’s easy to make and so delicious!
- 4 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus a few tablespoons for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the fettuccine according to the directions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking prepare the mushroom sauce. In a large pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Once melted, add the shallots and garlic and cook for a few minutes or so, just until softened. Add the sliced mushrooms and toss them around to get them coated in the butter and olive oil. If needed, add an additional tablespoon of olive oil if the mushrooms get too dry. Let them cook and brown for about 8 minutes.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into the pan and stir everything together making sure to scrape up all of the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the other tablespoon of butter. Cook everything together for a couple of minutes and then turn off the heat and move the pan off the burner. Pour in the cream and parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Add the cooked fettuccine to the sauce and toss to combine. Add the fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 604
- Sugar: 11.1g
- Sodium: 806.8mg
- Fat: 34.2g
- Saturated Fat: 17.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 57.7g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 17.9g
- Cholesterol: 73.8mg
Keywords: balsamic mushroom pasta, easy mushroom pasta, balsamic sauce