This Caprese frittata is a quick dish you can make for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It has fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes and is an easy 30 minutes recipe.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh basil, plus 6 large leaves
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (3-ounce) Roma tomato, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper. Add the tablespoon of sliced basil (set the whole leaves aside).
- Divide the mozzarella in half and finely chop (or grate) one half of it (2 ounces total). Add it to the egg mixture and whisk to combine. Thinly slice the rest of the cheese and set it aside.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once it’s melted, tilt the pan so the butter lightly coats the bottom and sides of the pan. Add the egg mixture and cook it until it sets on the bottom and starts to pull away from sides of the pan (it will still be very liquid).
- Place the sliced tomatoes on top of the eggs (the top of the frittata will still be uncooked at this point) and lay the sliced cheese and basil leaves in an even layer in between the tomato slices.
- Bake the frittata for 10 to 15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through and set in the middle. You can serve it hot, warm, or at room temperature. Leftovers will keep well in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 479mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 10.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 409.7mg
Keywords: easy frittata, frittata with tomatoes, caprese frittata