This cilantro-lime rice is so quick and easy. You only need a few ingredients to make it and it cooks in the microwave in just a few minutes. It’s one of my favorite fast side dish recipes and is great for burrito and taco bowls.
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen brown rice (see note)
- Juice and zest of 1 lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- Place the frozen rice, lime juice, zest, cilantro and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Cook the rice in the microwave for two and a half to three minutes. Keep the bowl covered and let it stand for a minute. Uncover, stir and serve.
The cooking time may vary depending on your microwave.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: Mexican-American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Sodium: 301.5mg
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 55.4g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: easy cilantro lime rice, microwave cilantro-lime rice