A fried egg sandwich on toasted bread with bacon is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 2 slices country white bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 6–8 baby spinach leaves, rolled together and sliced into ribbons
- 1 slice thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch each of salt and pepper
- Toast the bread. While it toasts, mix the dill with the mayo in a small bowl and set it aside. Once the bread is toasted, spread the mayo on one slice and top it with the spinach.
- Cook the bacon in a small non-stick pan over medium heat until crispy. Transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Wipe the pan to remove the fat, and melt a 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the egg to the pan. Cook the egg for a couple of minutes until the whites are cooked around the edges. Top the egg with a pinch of salt and pepper. Carefully, turn the egg over and cook it until the white is cooked through.
- Place the cooked bacon on the spinach and top it with the egg. Top it with the other piece of toast and use a serrated knife to slice the sandwich in half to serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 521
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 886.9mg
- Fat: 37.2g
- Saturated Fat: 10.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 25.4g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 224.2mg
Keywords: fried egg sandwich, gourmet fried egg sandwich