A fried egg sandwich on toasted bread with bacon is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 slice thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices country white bread
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 6–8 baby spinach leaves, rolled together and sliced into ribbons
- Cook the bacon in a small frying pan until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Wipe the the pan to remove the fat, and melt a 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the pan over medium low heat. While the butter is melting, pop the bread in the toaster to toast.
- Once the butter is melted, add an egg to the pan. Cook the egg for a couple of minutes until the whites are mostly cooked through and opaque. Top the egg with a pinch of salt and pepper. Flip the egg over and cook it another minute or so until the white is cooked through. Transfer the egg to a cutting board or plate and let it sit while you prepare the sandwich.
- Mix the dill with the mayo and spread it on each slice of toast. Pile the spinach on one slice of toast. Place the egg on top. Top the egg with the bacon and the other piece of toast. Slice and serve.
- Category: Burgers & Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 593
Keywords: fried egg sandwich