- 1/2 tablespoon Italian Season
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 bell peppers (use your favorite colors), cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons balsamic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least one hour before grilling.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat.
- Mix the Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powder, salt, bread crumbs, and egg in a large bowl until well combined. Add the ground beef and gently mix until well incorporated. Scoop a generous 1 ounce of the mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat until there’s no more beef.
- Skewer the meatballs and vegetables.
- Next, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Place the skewers on the grill and let them cook for 3-4 minutes over high heat. Using tongs, carefully turn them to cook the other side for another 3-4 minutes. Brush some of the tomato sauce on them, give them another turn, and brush some more tomato sauce on the other side. Remove them from the heat and let them rest for a minute or so before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Sodium: 287.8g
- Fat: 14.2g
- Carbohydrates: 11.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 15.9g
Keywords: Italian-beef meatball skewers, beef kabobs