Fully loaded avocado toasts with fresh grape tomatoes, avocado, and slices of hard-boiled egg atop a bed of creamy avocado ricotta. A great way to start the day!
- 2 eggs
- 2–3 slices of sourdough sandwich bread (Pepperidge Farm makes a good one)
- 1 avocado, pit and skin removed
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the pot to a boil over high heat. As soon as it starts to boil, turn off the heat and move the pot off the burner. Cover and let the eggs sit for seven minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, pop the bread in the toaster. While it toasts, mash half of the avocado into the ricotta cheese and stir until creamy and smooth.
- In a small bowl, drizzle the tomatoes with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Once the eggs have sat for 7 minutes, drain the hot water and fill the pot with cold water and some ice cubes. Let the eggs rest in the cold water for a few minutes until they are cool enough to handle. Peel the eggs and discard the shells. Slice the eggs.
- Assemble the toasts. Spread some of the ricotta avocado spread on each piece of toast. Top each toast with some tomatoes, egg slices, and the rest of the avocado. Sprinkle some kosher salt over the top of each.
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch