Caramelized Brussels Sprouts, tender red potatoes and roasted chicken makes an elegant and delicious dinner. The best part? You only need one pan to pull it all together. Hello, amazing weeknight dinner!
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed and outer leaves removed (see note)
- 24 ounces petite red potatoes, large ones quartered and small ones halved (see note)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet and season both sides with salt and pepper (a few pinches of each). With the skin side up, lightly brush the skin with olive oil (1 tablespoon total across each chicken thigh).
- Spread the Brussels sprouts and potatoes out evenly on the baking sheet. Drizzle them with the remaining olive oil (2 tablespoons) and sprinkle the Herbes de Provence over the top. Sprinkle a few pinches of salt and pepper over the veggies, too.
- Bake the chicken and veggies at 425°F for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F. (see note)
The secret to success with this is making sure the potatoes and brussels sprouts are all about the same size. Be sure to cut the big Brussels sprouts in quarter or halves and the same with the potatoes. This will ensure they all are ready at the same time.
Depending on where your racks are positioned in the oven, the degree of crispiness you get on the skin may vary. One way to got extra crispy skin is to leverage your broiler at the end of the bake time. After 25 minutes, turn the oven to broil, move the baking sheet to the top rack and let the chicken crisp up for a few minutes. Be sure to keep a close eye on it! Always check the internal temperature of the chicken – it should be at least 165°F before you serve it.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 439
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Fat: 17.2g
- Carbohydrates: 37.5g
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Protein: 36.4g
Keywords: roasted chicken thighs, roasted brussels sprouts, sheet pan chicken recipe