This roasted Parmesan zucchini is a quick and easy side dish. Fresh zucchini is coated in olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and then roasted until tender and the cheese is golden.
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into sticks (see note)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Place the zucchini sticks in a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and toss the zucchini to coat it evenly. Add the cheese and toss again to coat the zucchini.
- Place the zucchini in an even layer on the baking sheet. If you have leftover cheese in the bowl sprinkle it over the top of the zucchini.
- Bake the zucchini for 15 minutes, flip them over and bake them for five to ten minutes longer or until the cheese is golden brown and the zucchini are cooked through.
To cut the zucchini into sticks, first slice one zucchini in half. Slice each half lengthwise so you have four parts. Slice each part lengthwise into thirds or fourths, depending on how wide it is, so you end up with sticks.
This recipe works best with grated cheese instead of shredded cheese. The grated cheese sticks to the zucchini better. If you only have shredded, you can run it through a food processor or just use your knife to chop it so it looks more like grated cheese.
A note about salt – I don’t add any because the cheese is already salty. If you want it a little saltier I recommend sprinkling kosher salt over the top after the zucchini comes out of the oven.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 116.5mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3.8g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 4.8mg
Keywords: roasted zucchini, parmesan zucchini, baked zucchini