Quick and easy roasted shrimp with a homemade cocktail sauce. It’s a classic!
- 1/2 pound fresh shrimp with tails intact, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha, or other hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray it with cooking spray. Toss the shrimp with the olive oil and a few pinches each of salt and pepper. Spread them out evenly on the baking sheet and roast for approximately 6-10 minutes, depending on the size of your shrimp (mine took 6 minutes). Keep and eye on them – you’ll know they’re done when they turn opaque and are firm to the touch. Remove them from the oven and transfer them to a bowl or plate. Pop it in the fridge and let them chill for at least ten minutes before serving.
- While the shrimp are chilling, mix the rest of the ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined. Give it a taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the chilled shrimp.
Adapted from Ina Garten’s Roasted Shrimp Cocktail recipe.[br][br]I used fresh shrimp for this recipe, but you can use frozen. If you do, be sure to fully thaw them and then pat them dry before roasting.
- Category: Appetizer