Roasted brussels sprouts, red onion, and garlic tossed with pancetta and pasta dressed in lemon juice and grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- 1/4 of a large red onion, peeled and sliced into 1-inch wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus 2 tsp divided
- 1 head garlic
- 6 oz Gemelli pasta
- 4 oz diced pancetta
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread the sprouts and sliced onions in an even layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil over the top of the vegetables.
- Remove the loose outer papery skin from the head of garlic. Slice off just enough of the top of the garlic to expose the cloves. Place the garlic on a piece of tin foil and drizzle 1 tsp of olive over the top of the cloves. Wrap the garlic in the tin foil and place it on the baking sheet with the other veggies. Roast the veggies for 30 minutes. Once roasted, unwrap the garlic and, once it’s cool enough to handle, squeeze the softened cloves out of the bulb. Chop the cloves and smoosh them with the back of your knife until they form a paste.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. While the pasta boils, heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a 10-inch pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook it in the oil until it starts to release its own fat. Add the roasted vegetables and cooked pasta to the pan and stir to combine. Add the roasted garlic, lemon juice, parsley, and cheese. Stir again and serve.
Planning to make this recipe? Be sure to rate it and share your feedback after you try it!
- Category: Pasta
- Calories: 436
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 50.1g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Protein: 16.9g