This truffle mushroom pasta looks and sounds fancy but it’s an easy pasta dish that takes about 30 minutes to make. The pasta is coated in a creamy truffle cheese sauce and tossed with meaty mushrooms. It feels fancy but is so low maintence to make.
- 5 ounces fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 8 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces Parrono truffle cheese, shredded (see note)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated truffle cheese
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions. Reserve a few tablespoons of the starchy water before you drain the pasta once it’s cooked.
- In a 10-inch skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and stir to coat them in the butter. Add the salt and cook the mushrooms for 10 minutes or until they’ve released their moisture and they are deep brown in color.
- Transfer the cooked mushrooms and garlic to a bowl or plate. In the same pan, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the cream and stir to combine it with the butter. Once the cream is heated through add the shredded cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted. Add one or two tablespoons of the pasta water to thin the sauce.
- Add the mushrooms and pasta to the pan and stir to coat them evenly in the sauce. Garnish with the chopped parsley and grated cheese and serve.
- I never thought I’d find truffle cheese at my regular grocery store but I did. It’s called parrano truffle cheese and it’s very similar to Parmesan cheese. Look for it in the speciality cheese department near the deli.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 623
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Sodium: 831.5mg
- Fat: 32.6g
- Saturated Fat: 19.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 58.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 25.2g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
Keywords: truffle mushroom pasta, pasta with truffle cheese sauce, easy truffle pasta