Hearty, comforting, and easy-to-make this one-pan baked penne with meatballs is perfect dinner for a cozy night in.
For the Meatballs
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup dried plain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Pasta
- 1 (24-oz) bottle Bertolli® Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 (15-oz) bottle Bertolli® Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 10 ounces penne
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, breadcrumbs, and all of the spices. Add the ground beef and, using your hands, mix it until it’s combined with the egg mixture. Scoop about 1 generous tablespoon of the mixture and form it into a ball. Repeat with the rest of the beef. I was able to make 27 meatballs.
- In a large pan with tall sides, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Place the meatballs in the pan and brown them until a crust develops on all sides. They don’t need to be cooked all the way through since they will finish cooking in the oven. Transfer the meatballs to a clean plate.
- Pour both sauces into the pan to make the rosa sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium heat. Add the uncooked pasta and stir to coat it in the sauce. The pasta should be completely covered by the sauce. Place the meatballs in the pan and stir to distribute them evenly in the sauce and pasta.
- Top the pasta and meatballs with the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Cover the pan with foil and transfer it to the oven. Bake the pasta for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake it for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Let the pasta stand a few minutes before serving. Garnish with the chopped parsley, if using.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 570
- Sugar: 8.3 g
- Fat: 22.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.9g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 33.1 g
Keywords: baked penne, rosa sauce, one-pan baked pasta