This baked tortellini makes good use of simple pantry ingredients and serves four with bread or a salad on the side.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 cups jarred marinara sauce (I love Rao’s Homemade)
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe pan over medium heat. Add the ground turkey, breaking it up with a spatula or wooden spoon. Add the seasonings and cook the meat until it’s no longer pink on the outside. Add the spinach and stir it into the beef. Once it starts to wilt add the marinara. Bring the sauce to a simmer and add the tortellini stirring to coat it evenly in the sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan over the top, cover the pan loosely with tin foil (or oven-safe lid), and pop it in the oven. Bake it for 15 minutes, uncover it and let it bake for another 5-10 minutes.
This recipe calls for ground turkey, but you could easily substitute lean ground beef. To make it even easier, skip the meat and just combine the tortellini in the baking dish with sauce and the spinach and bake.
If you don’t have a large oven-safe pan, you can transfer the sauce, meat, and pasta to a baking dish to bake it.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American-Italian
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 445
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 1059.8mg
- Fat: 18.8g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Cholesterol: 81.2mg
Keywords: one pot pasta recipe, baked tortellini, pasta with meat sauce