Chocolate zucchini bread is rich, decadent, and easy to make. It’s a great way to use zucchini for a delicious quick bread that you can serve for brunch, dessert, or as a snack cake.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, optional for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5″ loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and granulated sugar.
- In another bowl, mix the milk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until they’re combined– make sure not to overmix. Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Sprinkle a pinch of flaky sea salt over the top, if using.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan before removing it.
- Store the zucchini bread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 419
- Sugar: 44.7g
- Sodium: 30.5mg
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 68.9g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 7.4g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
Keywords: chocolate zucchini bread, zucchini bread with chocolate chips