You only need a handful of simple ingredients for this creamy pesto sauce, and it’s ready in about 20 minutes. It’s perfect for a quick dinner when you’re craving pasta.
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Juice of a half lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter over medium heat in a large pan. Add the cream and whisk the two together.
- Add the pesto and lemon zest and whisk to combine. Cook the sauce (don’t let it boil) for a couple of minutes before adding the Parmesan cheese and parsley. Stir until the cheese melts into the sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat it in the sauce. Squeeze the lemon juice over the top, toss again, and serve.
Pesto: Use your favorite homemade pesto or store-bought to make it really easy.
Salt: I don’t add salt because the cheese and pesto have plenty, but you might want to add more once the sauce is made. Give it a taste before you add the pasta.
Protein: Add cooked shrimp or chicken at the end to make it more filling.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 553
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 248.7mg
- Fat: 37.2g
- Saturated Fat: 19.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 44.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 10.8g
- Cholesterol: 81.6mg
Keywords: pesto alfredo, pesto cream sauce, pesto pasta recipe