Ribbons of tender pasta coated in a simple cheese sauce. This fettuccine Alfredo takes just 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 4 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of boiling water to a boil. Toss in a generous amount of salt (it should taste like the sea). Add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While the pasta is boiling, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat until it’s frothy, about a minute or two. Add the cream and increase the heat to medium. Whisk the butter and cream until well combined. Add the cheese and continue whisking until it’s melted and the sauce has thickened.
- Using tongs, transfer the cooked pasta from the pot to the cheese sauce. Toss it around in the sauce until it’s well coated for about a minute or so.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian-American
- Calories: 407
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Fat: 20.5g
- Carbohydrates: 43.3g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 11.8g
Keywords: Fettuccine Alfredo