Tender pasta coated in a simple cheese sauce otherwise known as fettuccine Alfredo. It’s a 15-minute dinner for two that is best served when you need a big plate of carbs to take the edge off a stressful day.
When life gets crazy it’s no secret that I turn to pasta for dinner and there are several reasons why. Not only is pasta economical and easy to cook, but it’s what I consider the ultimate comfort food. A hot bowl of cheesy pasta, a glass of white wine, and a hunk of crusty bread is the best way to cap off a busy and stressful day. Some people call it “eating your feelings”, but I call it carb-o-licious food therapy.
And this fettuccine Alfredo is one of my favorite weeknight dinner heroes. It’s quick and easy to make especially if you keep a few choice ingredients around – like cheese, pasta, butter, and cream. Doing so means a pan of cheesy goodness is just minutes away.
Some Ingredients You’ll Need
- Fettuccine or any long pasta will do. Boil it in a big pot of water according to package directions.
- The sauce is just three simple ingredients: butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese. I should point out that a traditional Alfredo sauce does not include cream (you instead toss the hot pasta with the butter and cheese along with some starchy pasta water to create a creamy sauce), but I was raised on cream-based Alfredo and find it’s easier to make than the traditional way. When you’re coming down from a stressful day you want things to be easy. Adding a little cream to your Alfredo makes this happen.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley for color and freshness and dinner is ready to go.
In the time it takes to boil the pasta the sauce is ready to go making this a decadent 15-minute dinner. Technically, this fettuccine Alfredo recipe serves two people (add some bread and salad on the side to round it out), but I’m not gonna lie – it usually ends up as a dinner for one when I make it.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
- 5-Ingredient Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo
- Balsamic Mushroom Pasta
- Creamy Gruyere Spaghetti for Two
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Ribbons of tender pasta coated in a simple cheese sauce. This fettuccine Alfredo takes just 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 4 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of boiling water to a boil. Toss in a generous amount of salt (it should taste like the sea). Add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While the pasta is boiling, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat until it’s frothy, about a minute or two. Add the cream and increase the heat to medium. Whisk the butter and cream until well combined. Add the cheese and continue whisking until it’s melted and the sauce has thickened.
- Using tongs, transfer the cooked pasta from the pot to the cheese sauce. Toss it around in the sauce until it’s well coated for about a minute or so.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian-American
- Calories: 407
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Fat: 20.5g
- Carbohydrates: 43.3g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 11.8g
Keywords: Fettuccine Alfredo