Gazpacho is a classic summer soup made with fresh tomatoes, cucumber, and onion that takes minutes to make and is served cold for a refreshing dish.
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (see note)
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced tomatoes
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until the soup is as chunky or smooth as you like it.
- Transfer the soup to an airtight container and chill it for at least two hours, or overnight.
- Serve the gazpacho chilled with the garnishes, if using. Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
You don’t need to peel the tomatoes, but you should remove the core and seeds before chopping them. Slice them in half cut out the core and scoop out the seeds before chopping them.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 9.4mg
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: gazpacho, cold tomato soup