Grilled drumsticks brushed with a sweet and tangy glaze with a kick of heat from jalapeno and sriracha. Add some grilled pineapple on the side and pile it all on rice for an easy summer dinner.
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 large jalapeno, diced with seed and ribs removed
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 16 ounces fresh pineapple chunks
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- In a small saucepan whisk the pineapple juice, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, ginger, and jalapeno. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook it until it’s thickened and reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place them on the grill and lightly brush each with the reduced sauce. Every 8-10 minutes turn the chicken on the grill and brush with more sauce. Repeat for 35-40 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Thread the pineapple chunks onto skewers and in the last 10 minutes of the cooking time, place them on the grill with the chicken.
- Serve the drumsticks and pineapple with rice or cauliflower rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 485
- Sugar: 42.7g
- Sodium: 706.4mg
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 45.5g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 52.3g
- Cholesterol: 231.4mg
Keywords: grilled chicken drumsticks, glazed drumsticks