Loaded pizza sandwiches with salami, pepperoni, provolone and mozzarella cheese, olives, green peppers, and fresh herbs. Everything is optional or trade it out with your favorite pizza toppings, just don’t overload the bread otherwise your pizza sandwich may become a pizza mess.
- 1 12 inch loaf of french bread, sliced horizontally in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 3 ounces Genoa salami slices
- 2 ounces pepperoni slices
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, basil or combination)
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup jarred marinara sauce
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella slices
- Turn the oven to broil. Place the sliced bread open-faced on a baking sheet.
- Starting with the olive oil, drizzle it over both slices of bread. Layer the cheese and meat on the bottom slice. Sprinkle the herbs over both slices. Layer the olives, green peppers, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese on the bottom slice of bread.
- Stick the sandwich under the broiler. Keep an eye on it and rotate the baking sheet, if necessary, to ensure the cheese melts evenly. Broil just until the bread is toasted and the mozzarella has melted. Place the top sliced bread on top of the bottom one and, using a serrated knife, slice into four sandwiches. Serve hot.
Depending on the bread you use the nutrition estimate will vary.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Burgers and Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 721
- Sugar: 6.2g
- Fat: 40.4g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 40.3g
Keywords: loaded pizza sandwich