A chocolaty coffee smoothie with a green healthy twist!
- 1 frozen banana, peeled
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach, very loosely packed
- 1 cup ice
- If you don’t already have frozen bananas on hand, first slice a banana and lay the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Brew the coffee and then leave it in the fridge to chill while the banana slices are in the freezer.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender, puree and serve.
So, there are all sorts of other ways to make this even more healthy, but I’m not really into alternative sweeteners or milk substitutes but maybe you are? In which case, you should know this recipe was inspired by Oh She Glows. I switched up a lot of the ingredients, but the idea to even make this came after stumbling across that link.
- Category: Breakfast
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 18.3g
- Sodium: 30.4mg
- Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 3.2g