As the name of this recipe suggests, this single-serve cake is “baked” in a mug in the microwave meaning there are just five minutes between you and a big spoonful of this chocolaty rich dessert. Adapted from Lucky Peach, my version amps up the decadence with some butter, cream, and a generous dollop of vanilla bean ice cream to top it off.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vanilla bean ice cream (optional)
- Combine the butter, egg, and cream together in a coffee mug until well combined. Add the flour and sugar and keep stirring. Add the cocoa, vanilla, and salt and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the mug in a microwave and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the mug from the microwave and let it sit for a few minutes to cool.
- Top the cake with the ice cream, grab a spoon, and dig in.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 933
- Sugar: 75.8g
- Sodium: 2415.8mg
- Fat: 56.3g
- Carbohydrates: 99.5g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 13.5g
Keywords: molten chocolate mug cake, mug cake recipe