These mushroom flatbread pizzas are easy to make thanks to store-bought flatbreads and pre-sliced mushrooms. Assemble the pizzas while the oven preheats and then drizzle the white truffle oil over the top while they’re still hot. The heat will release the truffle aroma, so take a deep breath – it’s heavenly.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces pre-sliced mixed mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (7-inch) store-bought whole wheat flatbreads
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 teaspoons white truffle oil (see note)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 10-inch skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and saute them until browned, about ten minutes. Season them with the salt and pepper and remove the pan from the heat.
- Lay out the flatbreads. First, using a pastry or barbeque brush, coat them with the leftover butter and oil from the pan of mushrooms. There should be just enough to lightly coat the flatbreads. If not, drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil over the top of each flatbread. Top each flatbread with cheese, mushrooms, a sprinkle of thyme, and the green onions.
- Bake the pizzas at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Drizzle the truffle oil over the top of the flatbread (about 1/2 teaspoon per pizza). Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top, slice, and serve.
You can find white truffle oil online at many retailers, although be sure to check your local grocery store – you may be able to find it in the olive oil section. It’s a finishing oil, so you wouldn’t want to cook with it like normal olive oil. Store it in a cool, dark place. A little goes a long way, so a small bottle is great to have on hand when you want to add an elegant finish to a dish.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 723.1mg
- Fat: 18.7g
- Saturated Fat: 8.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 12.2g
- Cholesterol: 31.8g
Keywords: mushroom flatbread pizza