This easy no bean chili recipe cooks in the slow cooker for an easy weeknight dinner. Lean ground beef, peppers, onions, green chile, and chili seasonings simmer for hours – when it’s done, ladle it into bowls with your favorite toppings for a cozy and hearty dinner.
- 2 pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 bell peppers, finely chopped (I use red, green, and yellow)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (a generous tablespoon)
- 2 (4-oz) cans diced green chiles (hot, mild, or a combination)
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Break it up as it cooks and then transfer it to the slow cooker.
- Add all of the other ingredients and stir to combine. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook the chili on low for six to eight hours.
- Stir the chili before ladling it into bowls. Add your favorite chili toppings and enjoy!
Leftover chili will keep in the refrigerator for three to for days. Or, you can freeze it for up to three months.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 7.7g
- Sodium: 953.1mg
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 24.8g
- Cholesterol: 73.7mg
Keywords: no bean chili, slow cooker chili, crockpot chili, ground beef chili