This white mocha latte is a homemade cafe coffee drink all dressed up for the holiday season. You don’t need a fancy coffee machine to make it, and it’s the perfect warm drink to sip on when you need a Christmas pick-me-up.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups strong-brewed hot coffee
- Whipped cream and crushed peppermints for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine the mint leaves, sugar, and water. Bring the pan to a boil, and then take it off heat. Let the leaves steep for 20 minutes. Strain the syrup into a container and discard the leaves.
- While the syrup cools, make the white mocha. In another saucepan, combine the milk and white chocolate and warm them over medium heat. Bring the milk to a simmer and stir until the chips are melted.
- To make the drinks, place the syrup in the mugs (1 to 2 tablespoons is a good amount) and pour the coffee and milk mixture over the top. Stir and add the garnishes.
The leftover syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
The recipe amounts are suggestions – feel free to make changes to make your perfect white chocolate mocha latte!
You can skip making the syrup and use store-bought peppermint coffee syrup to make it easier.
The nutrition information includes one tablespoon of syrup per serving and 2% milk. It does not include the whipped cream or crusted peppermints.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 45.3g
- Sodium: 149mg
- Fat: 15.1g
- Saturated Fat: 9.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 44.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 10.3g
- Cholesterol: 26.4mg
Keywords: white mocha recipe, peppermint white chocolate mocha, white chocolate latte