Beef short ribs simmered in a savory sauce all day then piled high on sweet Hawaiian rolls.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless short ribs, seasoned on all sides with salt and pepper.
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 cups beef broth
- 32 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- black pepper
- 12 small Hawaiian sweet rolls
- provolone cheese
- First heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the short ribs and let them cook until they are nicely browned on one side. Flip them over and brown them on the other side. Remove them from the pan and set aside. Add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to the pan. Cook all of the veggies until softened. Add in the fennel seed and chopped parsely and give everything a stir.
- Transfer all of the veggies a slow-cooker. Place the short ribs on top of the veggies (also pour in any juice on the plate). Add the beef broth, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and molasses. Stir it all together, cover it with the lid, and let it cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Carefully remove the short ribs from the slow cooker and set them on a plate. Using two forks, shred the beef and then return it to the slow cooker. Stir everything together, give it a taste and check for seasoning. Add additional salt and pepper, if needed. Replace the lid to keep all of it warm.
- Turn the oven to broil. Slice the rolls in half and place them cut side up on a baking sheet. Toast them under the broiler for a few minutes until they turn a nice golden brown. Using a vegetable peeler, slice off thin slices of the provolone cheese.
- Scoop some of the shredded short ribs onto a roll. Top with a few slices of provolone cheese and serve.
Nutrition estimate does not include the slider buns.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 sliders
- Calories: 375
- Sugar: 19.8g
- Fat: 16.6g
- Carbohydrates: 24.6g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 33.4g
Keywords: short rib sliders, beef sliders