A quick and easy pasta dish with pancetta and peas. In the time it takes to boil the pasta you can make the sauce. This recipe makes four generous servings, but you can easily stretch it to serve six if you add a salad and bread on the side.
- 1 (12-ounce) box orecchiette or other short pasta
- 8 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (from about 2 cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 1/4 cups frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and boil it for the time listed on the package.
- While the pasta boils, cook the pancetta over medium heat in a large pan until it renders its fat, about five minutes.
- Add the onions, garlic, and salt and cook them for about a minute, or just until the garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the wine, lemon juice, and zest and turn the heat up to bring them to a simmer. Scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen the browned bits. Simmer the sauce for a few minutes or until it reduces a bit and slightly thickens.
- Add the peas, butter, and parsley and stir until the butter melts. Drain the pasta quickly and add it to the pan with the sauce and stir it until it’s evenly coated in the sauce.
- To serve, garnish each serving with some chopped parsley, grated Parmesan and black pepper.
Recipe inspired by Platings and Pairings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 688
- Sugar: 9.3g
- Sodium: 1233.7mg
- Fat: 28.6g
- Saturated Fat: 14.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 111g
- Fiber: 19.3g
- Protein: 38.3g
- Cholesterol: 62.5mg
Keywords: pancetta pasta, pasta with peas,