Quick and easy spaghetti with pancetta and peas. This is a favorite dinner when there’s no time to cook!
Spaghetti with Pancetta and Peas
If you are rushed, stressed, and just freaked out about what to make for dinner during the week than this one is for you. This spaghetti with pancetta and peas is so fast and so easy it’s destined to become a favorite that will save you in those moments you most need it. You know, it’s for those times when you’d rather order pizza, kick your feet up and watch (insert favorite show here) within five minutes of walking in the door (for us, that favorite show right now is House of Cards – obsessed!). These days that’s pretty much what I want to do most nights of the week, but there’s that little voice in my head that says, “Should you really be ordering another pizza? Don’t you think you can do something a little better for yourself?”
That voice. It can be so annoying sometimes.
But it does steer me right.
I mean this looks pretty good, right?
I was inspired to make this after finding a recipe for Pea & Bacon Pasta on the blog Platings & Pairings because I am always looking for quick ways to get dinner on the table during the week that don’t involve drive-throughs, take-out menus, or delivery people so that I can appease that little voice in my head and do something good for myself, too. As much as I love it, it’s not so good to rotate pizza for dinner 3-4 times a week. You might think I’m kidding, but I’m not. We’ve done that before. It’s called a dinner rut.
That’s where this pasta comes in to save us — all it takes is about 20 minutes and it has lots of good stuff and it’s simple and satisfying.
Some Ingredients You’ll Need
- Spaghetti or other long pasta like linguini or fettuccine
- Diced pancetta
- Onion and garlic
- Dry white wine like chardonnay or sauvignon blanc
- Frozen green peas
- Butter, fresh lemon juice, herbs, and parmesan cheese
More Quick & Easy Pasta RecipesPrint
A quick and easy pasta dish with pancetta and peas.
- 1/2 pound of spaghetti
- 4 ounces pancetta
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook about 2 minutes less than the time recommended on the package.
- While the spaghetti is boiling, heat a large pan over medium heat. Cook the pancetta for about five minutes, or until it renders it’s fat. You don’t want it extra crispy, so don’t let it go too long. Add the onions and cook another minute or so before adding the garlic. Cook for about a minute, or just until the garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the wine and scrape the pan to loosen the browned bits. Add the peas and bring the mixture to boil and let it reduce until the spaghetti is ready.
- Once the spaghetti is ready, transfer it using tongs directly from the pasta water to the pan with the pancetta and onions. The starchy pasta water on the noodles will help thicken the sauce. Toss it around in the sauce until it’s well coated and the pasta is al dente. Add the parsley, lemon juice, salt & pepper and butter and continue to toss the spaghetti until the butter is melted (shouldn’t take long).
- Serve with the grated parmesan cheese
- Calories: 590
- Fat: 22.5g
- Carbohydrates: 68.5g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 20.9g