Homemade veggie cream cheese is easy to make and can be customized with different ingredients. Make this spread up to two days in advance to allow the flavors to develop.
- 1/8 of a red onion (cut the onion in half and then each half into quarters, so you have 8 wedges. You only need 1 unless you really love onion, in which case add more!)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 medium celery rib
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- Finely chop the onion, carrot, celery, and herbs in a food processor. You can also shred them with a box grater.
- Transfer the chopped vegetables to a medium bowl and stir in the herbs and salt. Next, add the cream cheese and stir all of the ingredients together until all of the veggies and herbs are evenly distributed. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Veggie cream cheese will last for up to a week in the fridge.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Sodium: 333.1mg
- Fat: 19.6g
- Saturated Fat: 11.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 57.3mg
Keywords: homemade vegetable cream cheese, veggie cream cheese