Hawaiian roll sliders are great for game-day or parties because they’re so easy to make and the sweet soft rolls are hard to resist. These Italian sandwich sliders have three kinds of salami with melted provolone and a tangy kick from banana peppers. They’re easy to assemble and bake in the oven until they’re toasty-hot!
A while back I fell into a black hole otherwise known as Tasty.co and their slider recipes. The concept is simple: buy some rolls, slice the whole thing in half, load up your favorite sandwich fillings, bake them, and serve them as the perfect game-day or party snack.
They have every flavor combination you can imagine and I was inspired by the Hawaiian roll sliders in particular. I imagined the sweet and soft rolls would pair perfectly with salty salami and melt-y provolone cheese and once I had the idea I couldn’t stop thinking about it.
I’m no stranger to sliders and sandwiches (I’ve linked to some more of my favorites at the end of this post), but I’d yet to use Hawaiian rolls to make a batch. Plus, with game-days in full-swing and the holiday party season just around the corner, I’ve been all about the easy snacks and appetizers. So, here we have some Italian sandwich sliders on soft rolls that take all of 20 minutes to make start to finish.
Italian Sandwich Ingredients
- These mini sandwiches start with a package of 12 Hawaiian rolls. They are sold as one piece (not presliced) which is what we want. I know it’s not what a traditional Italian sandwich might be served on, but the sweet rolls are just so delicious with all of the fillings.
- These sandwich sliders are all about the salami – three kinds, in fact. Genoa salami, pepperoni and cotta salami which is a softer type of salami which you can find at most grocery stores.
- Some sliced banana peppers add a tangy vinegary bite that complements the rich salami. I use mild banana peppers, but if you like some heat, by all means, use the hot ones.
- For the cheese, we’re using sliced provolone.
- I like to brush the tops of the rolls with a mixture of olive oil, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder before popping the slider sandwiches in the oven.
How to Make Hawaiian Roll Sliders
These Italian sandwich sliders are just an assembly operation without a lot of prep. Just gather all of your ingredients and a baking dish and you’re ready to go
Start by slicing your Hawaiian rolls in half crosswise so you have two parts. Place the bottom piece in a baking dish.
Layer the three kinds of salami on the bottom bread piece. I like to fold the pieces of salami in half and layer them so you get each in each sandwich.
Top the salami with the sliced banana peppers followed by the sliced provolone cheese.
Place the top bread piece on top of the cheese. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the seasonings and brush it on the top of the bowls.
Bake the rolls for 10 minutes or so at 350°F or until the cheese is melted and the sliders are warmed through. Use a serrated knife to slice them into individual sandwiches.
I love the flavor combo – if you love salty with a little sweet and a kick of tang then these Italian sandwiches need to be on your list for game-day snacks or a fun Friday night dinner. Add some potato chips on the side! Classic Lays are my fave and I had zero regrets.
More Sandwiches & Sliders
Looking for more fun sandwiches and sliders? Here are a few more of my favorites ❤
- Loaded Pizza Sandwiches | All it takes is a big loaf of bread, some classic pizza toppings, sauce, and plenty of cheese to serve up your favorite pizza in sandwich form.
- Crispy Baked Chicken Sliders | Inspired by a fast-food chicken sandwich you can’t get a Sunday’s these mini crispy chicken sandwiches are great for parties or game-days.
- Bacon & Goat Cheese Sliders | Tender beef patties topped with creamy goat cheese, crispy bacon and fresh arugula. A little fancy, but easy to make!
- Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches | Another fast-food inspiration! These hot sandwiches have a super easy (microwave!) cheese sauce.
💌 Sign up and get your free guide: Gourmet Made Simple: 5 Secrets for Making Fancy (but Not Fussy!) Meals delivered to your inbox!Print
These Italian slider sandwiches are a great combination of salty/sweet with a tangy kick from banana peppers. They’re easy to prep and great as a game-day snack or party appetizer.
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- 2 ounces sliced genoa salami
- 1 ounce sliced pepperoni
- 8 ounces cotta salami
- 1/3 cup sliced banana peppers (mild or hot)
- 4 ounces sliced provolone
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch each of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Instead of cutting the rolls into individual ones, slice the bread crosswise through the middle so you have big two pieces. Place the bottom part of the rolls in a baking dish.
- Layer the genoa salami, pepperoni and cotta salami on the bread. Place the banana peppers in an even layer on the meat followed by the sliced cheese. Top with the other bread piece.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and seasoning. Brush the top of the bread rolls with the seasoned oil. Bake the sandwiches for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted, the bread rolls are toasty on top, and the sandwiches are heated through.
- To serve, slice into 12 individual sandwiches with a serrated knife.
Recipe inspired by Tasty.co
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian-American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 811.5mg
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 11.1g
- Cholesterol: 44.4mg
Keywords: Italian sandwiches, salami sandwiches, hawaiian roll sliders
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.