Who doesn’t love a single-serving, perfectly-proportioned-just-for-me dessert? These fruity sweet berry crumbles are easy to make and perfect for summer entertaining.
There’s something special about little individual ramekins filled with something sweet and decadent – feels like a restaurant experience, but better because it’s at home. No waiting for a table or paying the bill at the end of the night. Even better, these cute little berry crumbles can be made ahead of time so when it’s time for something sweet all you have to do is preheat the oven and bake them.
It all starts with some fruit – in this case, some strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries – that are tossed in lemon juice and some lemon zest and a little sugar. Some cornstarch helps thicken the juice so when served the fruit is coated in all kinds of fruity syrupy goodness.
Each one gets a sweet oatmeal topping that gets crispy and browned in the oven.
I think it might be my favorite part – you can’t go wrong with butter, brown sugar, and oatmeal.
No, wait, my favorite part is pulling these hot berry crumbles from the oven. I love how the fruit bubbles over the sides – it’s a casual, rustic-looking dessert that’s perfect for warm-weather entertaining. Serve these berry crumbles warm or at room temperature – they’re perfect either way.
Don’t have ramekins? Try my Triple Berry Crumble that you can make in a baking dish!
P.S. Want more recipes? 📩 Sign up for the Girl Gone Gourmet Newsletter!
More Dessert Recipes
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
These individual berry crumbles are perfect for entertaining.
- 8 ounces strawberries, halved (or quartered if large)
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 6 ounces blackberries
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, softened and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the fruit with the lemon juice, zest, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and the cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, oats, and remaining 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Drop the butter in and, using your hands, work the butter into the flour/sugar mixture until it forms crumbles.
- Fill each (6-ounce) ramekin with the fruit and top each with the crumble mixture. At this point, you can cover them and keep them in the fridge for up to four hours or bake them right away at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes (you made need to add a few extra minutes to the bake time if you bake them chilled).
Adapted from Make it Ahead by Ina Garten (Tri-Berry Crumbles, pg 202)
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 21.2g
- Sodium: 4mg
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 30.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 20.2mg
Keywords: berry crumbles
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.