Store-bought ravioli with asparagus and mushrooms is a super easy weeknight dinner. The mushrooms and asparagus are sauteed in a simple lemon-butter sauce and tossed with cooked ravioli. Add some grated parmesan and dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes.
A package of store-bought ravioli is a powerful thing:
- It can fight off pizza/take-out/fast food attacks.
- It’s versatile.
- It’s so not high maintenance.
- It’s fast and easy. In a good way.
- It’s a dinnertime hero.
The only catch? You have to keep store-bought ravioli stocked in your fridge. The reward? You get to make this delicious 20-minute, lemony and lightly buttery ravioli with asparagus and mushrooms – it’s the perfect dish for those nights when the delivery menus are calling your name.
Ravioli, lemon, butter, asparagus, mushrooms. Take that, take-out temptation!
- Refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Butter and olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
How to Make Ravioli with Asparagus & Mushrooms
- Boil the pasta.
- Saute the mushrooms and asparagus in butter and olive oil until they are tender and cooked through.
- Add the cooked ravioli, lemon juice, parm and pepper. Toss it all together and serve!
Readers love this easy pasta recipe! Here’s what a few have had to say…
- “Cannot believe how easy this was to make because it seriously tasted like a fine-dining entree!” – Alex
- “I used this for a lunchtime get together with some of my girlfriends. Very creative but easy. It was delicious and made me look like I know what I am doing in the kitchen.” – Carol
- “I tried this recipe this evening… I don’t think I’ll ever put pasta sauce on ravioli again. This was incredible.” – Terry
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Are there ever enough easy dinner recipes? Here are a few more favorites to try or browse all of my Quick & Easy Dinner Recipes for even more ideas!Print
Ravioli with Asparagus and Mushrooms
Cheese ravioli, asparagus, and mushrooms tossed together in a lightly buttery lemon sauce. Thanks to store-bought ravioli, It takes only 20 minutes to make, which is perfect for those busy weeknights.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (cremini or baby bellas work well)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces fresh asparagus
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. While you are waiting for it to boil prep the asparagus by breaking off the woody ends (bend the spear and it should naturally break where it needs to). Chop the parsley and grate the cheese.
- Once the water is boiling add the pasta add cook according to package directions (for fresh pasta it should only take about 7 minutes).
- While the pasta is boiling, melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and toss them around. Let them cook for just a couple of minutes until the start to brown. Add the asparagus and the olive oil to the pan and toss everything around. Cook it all together, tossing frequently, until the asparagus is tender.
- Once the pasta is cooked, transfer it (using a spider or large slotted spoon) from the pot to the pan. Squeeze the lemon juice over everything in the pan and give it all a good toss to ensure it’s coated. Sprinkle in the parsley and toss again. Add the parmesan cheese to the pan and give everything another good toss. Sprinkle the pepper over the top and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 695
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 976.5mg
- Fat: 35.1g
- Saturated Fat: 16.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 70.5g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 28.3g
- Cholesterol: 105.6mg
Keywords: ravioli with mushrooms and asparagus, easy vegetarian pasta recipe
Oh my – this was so yummy. Thank you, April! Definitely a new go-to.
April Anderson says
So glad you liked it!
Great quick meal
April Anderson says
So happy you enjoyed it!
Why are all the best dishes the simplest to make!? I subbed fresh ravioli for frozen tortellini (all I had on hand) firm-cooked according to package directions), halved the amount of lemon juice, and added a pinch of garlic powder. My husband and I just stared at each other in silence the whole time we ate. Cannot believe how easy this was to make because it seriously tasted like a fine-dining entree! Thank you so much for sharing!!
That’s so great! Thanks for letting me know!
Made this tonight and the whole family loved it. Delicious! My only question is if I should have used salted butter? I didn’t add any salt at all and I’m wondering if that would make it just salty enough or if it would ruin it?
Hi Jill! I’m so glad you liked it 🙂 So, I use unsalted butter in this one (updated the recipe so it says that!) – I find with the Parmesan cheese, which is salty, extra salt isn’t really necessary. Hope that helps!
Carol L Callender says
I used this for a lunch time get together with some of my girl friends. Very creative but easy. It was delicious and made me look like I know what I am doing in the kitchen. Thanks!!!
Does it need to be cheese ravioli or would spinach ravioli be okay?
Spinach ravioli would be good!
Making this tonight. And I’m super excited. Love the flavor combos and the quickness. Easy gourmet on the go!!!
Sometimes quick meals are the best and fresh pasta is perfect for that! This recipe looks delicious!
I love those fresh pasta packs – make things so easy for dinner!
I love your recipes April! This one looks so delicious! I’ll be trying it out soon!
Thanks so much, Diane!
Terry F says
I tried this recipe this evening… I don’t think I’ll ever put pasta sauce on ravioli again,, This was incredible.
Thanks for letting me know, Terry! So glad you enjoyed it 🙂
Dan from Platter Talk says
Fantastic job with this ravioli; love the flavor profile that you’ve created.
Brian Jones says
Wonderful, two of my favourite things… Mushrooms and asparagus and as I am fond of making my own pasta I’ll definitely give this a go 🙂
Thao @ In Good Flavor says
I love how this delicious meal that comes together no practically no time. Great combination of flavors!
Lorna Loiacono says
This was great! Will become a monthly meal in the rotation of planned meals. Thank you so much.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Lorna – thanks for letting me know!
suzi anderson says
Oh my goodness, or OMG! This looks wonderful and can’t wait to give it a try. Will stock my frig the next time I shop. This looks healthy, yummy and easy on a busy week day evening. Can’t wait to try it.