Store-bought ravioli with asparagus and mushrooms is a super easy weeknight dinner. The mushrooms and asparagus are sauteed in a simple lemon-butter sauce and tossed with cooked ravioli. Add some grated parmesan and dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes.
A package of store-bought ravioli is a powerful thing:
- It can fight off pizza/take-out/fast food attacks.
- It’s versatile.
- It’s so not high maintenance.
- It’s fast and easy. In a good way.
- It’s a dinnertime hero.
The only catch? You have to keep store-bought ravioli stocked in your fridge. The reward? You get to make this delicious 20-minute, lemony and lightly buttery ravioli with asparagus and mushrooms – it’s the perfect dish for those nights when the delivery menus are calling your name.
Ravioli, lemon, butter, asparagus, mushrooms. Take that, take-out temptation!
- Refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Butter and olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
How to Make Ravioli with Asparagus & Mushrooms
- Boil the pasta.
- Saute the mushrooms and asparagus in butter and olive oil until they are tender and cooked through.
- Add the cooked ravioli, lemon juice, parm and pepper. Toss it all together and serve!
Readers love this easy pasta recipe! Here’s what a few have had to say…
- “Cannot believe how easy this was to make because it seriously tasted like a fine-dining entree!” – Alex
- “I used this for a lunchtime get together with some of my girlfriends. Very creative but easy. It was delicious and made me look like I know what I am doing in the kitchen.” – Carol
- “I tried this recipe this evening… I don’t think I’ll ever put pasta sauce on ravioli again. This was incredible.” – Terry
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Are there ever enough easy dinner recipes? Here are a few more favorites to try or browse all of my Quick & Easy Dinner Recipes for even more ideas!Print
Ravioli with Asparagus and Mushrooms
Cheese ravioli, asparagus, and mushrooms tossed together in a lightly buttery lemon sauce. Thanks to store-bought ravioli, It takes only 20 minutes to make, which is perfect for those busy weeknights.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (cremini or baby bellas work well)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces fresh asparagus
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. While you are waiting for it to boil prep the asparagus by breaking off the woody ends (bend the spear and it should naturally break where it needs to). Chop the parsley and grate the cheese.
- Once the water is boiling add the pasta add cook according to package directions (for fresh pasta it should only take about 7 minutes).
- While the pasta is boiling, melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and toss them around. Let them cook for just a couple of minutes until the start to brown. Add the asparagus and the olive oil to the pan and toss everything around. Cook it all together, tossing frequently, until the asparagus is tender.
- Once the pasta is cooked, transfer it (using a spider or large slotted spoon) from the pot to the pan. Squeeze the lemon juice over everything in the pan and give it all a good toss to ensure it’s coated. Sprinkle in the parsley and toss again. Add the parmesan cheese to the pan and give everything another good toss. Sprinkle the pepper over the top and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 695
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 976.5mg
- Fat: 35.1g
- Saturated Fat: 16.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 70.5g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 28.3g
- Cholesterol: 105.6mg
Keywords: ravioli with mushrooms and asparagus, easy vegetarian pasta recipe