Easy chicken parmesan roll-ups stuffed with mozzarella cheese and topped with crispy breadcrumbs.
Chicken Parmesan Roll-Ups
Sometimes it’s good to get tripped up. Like, say you go to the grocery store because you really want to make chicken parmesan, but you’re kind of in a fog going through the motions and you mistakenly pick up a package of thin sliced chicken breasts instead of the regular chicken breasts. Of course, you don’t discover this error until you get home, at which point you get all frustrated trying to figure how you can use these super thin sliced chicken breasts to make chicken parmesan. You can’t get past the idea that you need whole chicken breasts so you can bread them, top them with cheese, and bake them up. You consider stacking the thinly sliced ones on top of each other in an effort to fashion something that looks like a whole chicken breast. But then you think that’s a weird idea and how will it ever work and it will be so obvious that you did something strange with the chicken breasts and they just won’t look right.
And then it hits you… chicken parmesan roll-ups!
Yeah! That’ll work! You lay the sliced chicken breasts flat, pile in some cheese, and some herbs and then roll them up into a neat little package. Then you top each of them with some bread crumbs and stick them in a pan with some tomato sauce. While they’re baking you pour a glass of wine to celebrate your creativeness and jump online to see how many other people have thought of chicken parmesan roll-ups.
Google returns 417,000 results…
For the rest of the world it’s old news, but for you? For you, the roll-ups represent a moment of kitchen brilliance! How proud are you to contribute the 418,000th chicken parmesan roll-up recipe?
More Easy RecipesPrint
Thin sliced chicken breasts rolled up with cheese and herbs then topped with breadcrumbs. It’s a fun way to do chicken parmesan!
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 6 thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts (see note)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, plus 1 sprig
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly in the bottom of a square baking dish. Season each side of the sliced chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Divide the cheese and herb mixture evenly across the slices and roll each slice up. Place each roll seam side down in the pan,
- In a small pan heat the olive oil with the garlic and thyme sprig. Let it cook for a few minutes just to infuse the oil with the garlic and herb flavors. Discard the garlic and herbs. Turn off the heat and add the breadcrumbs, stir to combine with the oil.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the tops of the rolls. Bake the rolls at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through.
I (mistakenly) bought pre-sliced chicken breasts, which made this whole thing very easy to do. You can buy regular chicken breasts and slice them yourself or just pound the heck out of them to make big rolls. Depending on the size you may need to adjust the amount of cheese and breadcrumbs. The choice is yours!
- Category: Main Course
- Calories: 475
- Fat: 20.7g
- Carbohydrates: 32.3g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 40.1g