Easy chicken Parmesan sliders are great for parties, game-days, or weeknight dinners! They’re made with short-cut ingredients like rotisserie chicken along with a homemade Parmesan cream sauce that takes them over the top.
I know, let’s take chicken Parmesan and turn it into sliders because life is only as fun as you make it. And one of the most fun things to do is take something classic and turn it on its head.
In this case, we’re taking quite a few shortcuts and combining them together to make a hot chicken slider sandwich that has a creamy Parmesan sauce, lots of chicken and marinara that, when piled on toasty hot rolls, tastes remarkably similar to the inspiration dish.
But more fun. See how that works? So, let’s make some chicken parm sliders!
- Savory butter rolls (King’s Hawaiian Rolls)
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Marinara sauce
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heavy cream
- Dried oregano
- Sliced low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Garlic Powder
How to Make Them
The rolls will be in one piece so use a serrated knife to slice it into two pieces: a top and a bottom. Keeping the rolls intact will make it easier to assemble the sliders – after they’re baked you can slice them into individual sandwiches.
Spread the shredded chicken on top of the bottom piece followed by the marinara sauce. I drop big spoonfuls of the sauce and then spread it around.
As pictured here:
Once you’ve assembled the first two layers, make the Parmesan sauce. Combine the cheese, cornstach and oregano in a saucpan. Toss them together so the cheese is coated.
Add the cream and then warm the mixture up over medium heat. Stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thickened and smooth. This only takes a couple of minutes.
See? Very quick:
Spoon the cheese sauce over the marinara. Take your two slices of mozzarella and slice them into strips. Lay the them in an even layer on the cheese sauce.
At this point, I like to bake the bottom layers (without the top piece) first so the cheese gets nice and melty and the sandwiches warm through. So, bake them for about five minutes or so.
Boop, bam, done:
Take it of the oven and add the top roll piece. Mix the olive oil with the garlic powder and brush it over the top. Pop it back in the oven and bake the sliders until the top of the rolls are nice and toasty, about ten minutes.
Use a serrated knife to slice the sliders – serve ’em hot!
Pressing and Important Questions Answered
King’s Hawaiian Rolls (famous for their sweet rolls) make these delicious rolls that aren’t as sweet and are, well, more savory and buttery. They work really well, but if you can’t find them you can use the sweet rolls – the flavor will just be different.
I have thought deeply on this and I recommend waiting to make the sauce. It thickens as it stands, so it’s best to make it and get it on the sandwiches so it’s not sitting around too long. So, assemble the bottom two layers, make the sauce, and finish assembling.
Yes, you can use jarred Alfredo sauce it you prefer. I like Bertolli organic Alfredo sauce. You don’t need to heat it up first – just spoon it over the marinara straight from the jar.
The convenience of it, man. That said, feel free to substitute any kind of shredded cooked chicken that is either seasoned with Italian seasoning or plain with just salt and pepper.
Make the chicken Parmesan sliders for dinner, your next Netflix night, a game-day situation, or anytime you’re craving cheesy, hot chicken sliders. I think you will ❤ love them.
📩 Want more delicious recipe ideas? Sign up and get the free email series Gourmet Made Easy plus new recipes delivered to your inbox!
More Slider Recipes
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
These chicken parm sliders are easy to make thanks to shredded rotisserie chicken and so delicious thanks to the easy Parmesan cheese sauce! This recipe makes 12 sliders that are perfect for parties, game-days, or weeknight dinners.
- 1 package savory butter rolls Hawaiian rolls (see note)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 slices low-moisture mozzarella cheese, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the rolls in half through cross-wise the middle so you have a top and bottom piece. Place the bottom piece on a baking sheet and spread the chicken on top. Spoon the marinara sauce on top of the chicken.
- Place the Parmesan cheese and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Toss them together so the cornstarch coats the cheese. Add the cream and oregano and turn the heat to medium. Cook the mixture until the cheese melts and the sauce is thickened and smooth about five minutes.
- Spoon the sauce on top of the marinara sauce. Lay the cheese strips over the top of the cheese sauce.
- Place the baking sheet in the pan (without the top roll piece) and bake the sandwiches for five minutes or until the mozzarella cheese is melted.
- While the sandwiches bake, mix the olive oil with the garlic powder in a small bowl. Remove the sandwiches from the oven and place the top roll piece on top. Brush the garlic oil on top and bake the sandwiches for 5 to 10 minutes or until the top of the rolls are toasted.
- Use a serrated knife to slice into sandwiches and serve hot.
If you can’t find the savory butter rolls you can sub the sweet Hawaiian rolls.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slider
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 6.4g
- Sodium: 386mg
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 13.9g
- Cholesterol: 49.6mg
Keywords: chicken parm sliders, chicken parmesan sandwiches
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.