These fresh and crisp cucumber avocado wraps with fresh greens are sort of like those little cucumber sandwiches served at tea parties, but a lot less fussy and amped up thanks to a pesto-spiked cream cheese spread. They’re an easy no-cook weekday lunch.
Cucumber Avocado Wraps
I don’t consider myself the type who likes to sip tea and nibble on fussy little sandwiches with the crusts cut off, but classic cucumber sandwiches inspired these fresh and crisp cucumber avocado wraps. Consider them a cucumber sandwich on steroids amped up with a pesto-spiked cream cheese, creamy avocado, and fresh greens all wrapped up in a tortilla. They’re great for lunch with a side of soup on the side and, because they’re a no-cook situation, they take all of fifteen minutes start to finish.
Some Notes about the Wraps
- I used whipped cream cheese because it’s spreadable straight from the fridge without having to wait for it to soften, which can take many hours.
- When I have homemade pesto on hand I use it, but a good quality store-bought pesto is a great short-cut. Look for the best options in the refrigerated section.
- I used regular 10-inch flour tortillas, but any sort of wrap will do especially if you want a bigger nutrition boost. Just make sure the wrap is at least 10-inches big for four big wraps.
- I used a spring greens mix, but romaine, green leaf lettuce, or bibb lettuce would work well too.
- These wraps go great with some soup on the side – check out my tomato soup or roasted red pepper tomato bisque. You can make the soup ahead for lunches all week!
Get More WrapsPrint
These fresh and crisp cucumber avocado wraps with fresh greens are sort of like those little cucumber sandwiches served at tea parties, but a lot less fussy and more amped up thanks to a pesto-spiked cream cheese spread. They’re an easy no-cook weekday lunch.
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons store-bought or homemade pesto
- 12-ounce cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- kosher salt
- Combine the cream cheese, pesto, and cucumber together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Place a small pile of greens on each tortilla. Top with some of the cream cheese mixture and the diced avocado. Sprinkle a couple pinches of salt over each tortilla before rolling them up.
- Category: Lunch
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 440
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 11g
Updated from the archives. First published August 2009.