This balsamic-tomato avocado toast is a quick 10-minute breakfast. Fresh tomatoes and avocado piled on creamy mascarpone cheese with a balsamic drizzle is a very nice way to start the day.
If I had known way back in ye olden days of this blog (circa 2009) that in the year 2020 I would pay $8 to $10 for an avocado toast at a restaurant I would have immediately opened an establishment and raked in the dollars. Alas, I did not do that and, instead, I am here to share a “homemade” avocado toast. In 2009 that’s all there was. My how things change.
But I am still a fan after all these years and have some variation of this easy breakfast several times a week, especially during the winter because avocados are just really good for you and help fight those winter blues. Plus, they’re delicious.
Some days I get a little fancy and go beyond just the basics. This balsamic-tomato avocado toast is how I’ve fancy-fied it lately:
- It starts with bread, of course. In this case a slice of whole-grain but I also buy that Ezekiel bread sometimes that’s made with sprouted grains when I’m feeling granola-y.
- Mascarpone cheese has replaced cream cheese at my house mostly because I love how spreadable it is out of the package and it doesn’t have the tangy flavor. It just tastes rich and creamy.
- Avocado, of course! Halve it, remove the pit, and thinly slice it while it’s still in the skin. Use a spoon to scoop out the slices.
- Sliced roma tomatoes or any kind of tomato. I like romas because they’re a little meatier and smaller.
- Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze. I like Bertolli brand.
- A sprinkle of kosher salt and chopped parsley for garnish.
It’s a quick 10-minute assembly operation and it’s one of my favorite ways to start the day. It’s sort of like a caprese salad meets breakfast situation – fresh, fast and way less expensive than the fandangled restaurant versions.
Plus, it’s nice to start the day with a little fancy, don’t you think?
Happy breakfast 🥑
More Easy Breakfast RecipesPrint
This avocado toast is a combination of creamy mascarpone cheese, fresh tomatoes, sliced avocados and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. It’s a fresh and fast way to start the day.
- 1 slice whole-grain bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 slices of tomato
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- A pinch of salt and sprinkling of chopped parlsey, optional
- Spread the mascarpone cheese on top of the toast. Top with sliced tomatoes, avocado, and drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top. Garnish with the salt and parsley.
You can make your own balsamic glaze by boiling balsamic vinegar over high heat until it reduces down. Or just buy it at the store. I use Bertolli balsamic glaze.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 avocado toast
- Calories: 367
- Sugar: 12.9g
- Sodium: 210.7mg
- Fat: 22.6g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 36.3g
- Fiber: 9.6g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 29.3mg
Keywords: avocado toast, tomato avocado toast