Low maintenance and totally addicting these pop-in-your-mouth goat cheese stuffed mushrooms are always a favorite appetizer.
Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
So far with this “let’s get ready for the holidays and start planning menus” thing I’ve posted a roasted Brussels sprouts & kale salad, onion dip and today I’m sharing another appetizer – goat cheese stuffed mushrooms. Seems like the appetizers are in the lead and I really can’t complain. Aren’t appetizers one of the best things about holiday dinners? There’s nothing I love more than munching on tasty bites all day before sitting down for the big dinner. Appetizers, or should I say appetite-destroyers, are the reason we always have so many holiday dinner leftovers at our house – usually by early afternoon we’re completely stuffed after indulging in pre-dinner snacky treats. Oh, how I love it.
So let’s get to the goat cheese stuffed mushrooms, shall we?
How to Make Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
You start with some simple cremini mushrooms, although baby portabellos would be great, too. To start, remove the stems to make room for the goat cheese and then toss them with some olive oil and balsamic.
Next, you mix up some fresh parsley, bread crumbs, and melted butter.
Then you stuff the mushrooms with some goat cheese and sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the top…
Then bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. That’s it!
If you’re going to ruin everyone’s appetite this is the way to go — it doesn’t get much better than roasted mushrooms, warm goat cheese, and a crispy bread crumb topping!
More Delicious Appetizers
No get-together is complete without a delicious dip and this Onion, Bacon & Roasted Garlic Dip is a winner!
These Honey BBQ Chicken Meatballs are like chicken wings without all the mess.
These Apple & Sage Pork Sausage Rolls never last long so I always make a double batch.Print
Mushrooms stuffed with warm goat cheese and a crispy breadcrumb topping. This recipe makes 18 stuffed mushrooms.
- 18 whole cremini mushrooms (about 8-ounce package)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard.
- In a small bowl, mix the goat cheese with the herbes de Provence. Add the milk and combine. In another small bowl combine the breadcrumbs, parsley, and butter. Toss the mushrooms in the olive oil and balsamic.
- Place the mushroom caps on the baking sheet. Fill each mushroom with approximately 1 teaspoon of the goat cheese. Top each mushroom with approximately 1/2 tablespoon of the breadcrumb mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are browned and crispy. Serve warm.
Depending on the size of your mushrooms you may have goat cheese leftover – don’t toss it out! It’s great as a spread for crackers or on sandwiches.
- Category: Appetizer
- Serving Size: 3 stuffed mushrooms
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 9.5g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 5.5g