Sometimes, the best things are the simplest things, and baked brie in puff pastry is one of them. It looks fancy, tastes amazing, and is so easy you can have it ready in 30 minutes.
It’s a flaky, buttery, warm cheese appetizer perfect for holidays and parties. It’s so easy to make with just four ingredients! Serve this baked brie with crackers and fruit for an elegant and delicious easy appetizer.
I have to make baked brie at least once when the holiday season rolls around – that golden and flaky pastry with the warm cheese oozing out says Thanksgiving appetizer, Christmas party snack, or a cozy night-in for New Year’s Eve. It’s so decadent and fancy-looking but easy to make! Isn’t that the perfect kind of appetizer for the holidays?
How to Make It
Get the baked brie recipe right here, and then keep scrolling for more recipe tips! Don’t forget to check out these other appetizer recipes with puff pastry: Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry Bundles | Easy Sausage RollsPrint
Brie wrapped in puff pastry is a flaky, buttery, warm cheese appetizer perfect for holidays and parties. It’s so easy to make with just four ingredients! Serve it with crackers and fruit for an elegant and delicious easy appetizer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 (8-oz) round Brie cheese (you don’t need to remove the rind)
- ¼ cup fig preserves (see note)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the thawed puff pastry sheet on the baking sheet. Place the brie in the center.
- Spread the fig preserves on top of the brie. Fold the sides of the puff pastry up and over the brie to seal it in. Pinch the puff pastry together to completely seal and cut off any excess puff pastry. Use the excess pastry for decoration for the top of the baked brie, if desired.
- Brush the egg over the top and sides of the puff pastry. Bake it for 30 to 40 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Allow the brie to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Preserves Tip: There are a lot of options for the preserves. If you don’t want to use fig, try apricot jam, cranberry, raspberry jam, strawberry… you could even use leftover cranberry sauce – feel free to experiment. You can leave the preserves out, but the bright flavor balances the richness of the cheese.
- Calories: 299
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 269mg
- Fat: 20.3g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 51.7mg
Keywords: baked brie, puff pastry baked brie
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.
join THOUSANDS OF OTHER READERS!
Get recipes delivered to your inbox each week.
- Be sure to thaw the puff pastry sheet before you make the recipe. Follow the package instructions, but it’s usually as easy as leaving it in the refrigerator. If you don’t thaw it, it will crack easily. If you want to DIY it, my friend Rosemary has an easy puff pastry recipe you should try.
- You don’t need to remove the rind for the brie because it’s edible. Yay, less work!
- There are a lot of options for the preserves. If you don’t want to use fig, try apricot jam, cranberry, raspberry jam, strawberry… you could even use leftover cranberry sauce – feel free to experiment. You can leave the preserves out, but the bright flavor balances the richness of the cheese.
- The egg wash helps brown the pastry, so it’s lightly crispy on top.
What to Serve with Baked Brie
- Fruit: Apple slices, grapes, and sliced pears complement the richness of the cheese.
- Crackers: Add some different kinds of crackers to scoop up the melty cheese.
- Bread: Spread the oozing cheese on some toasted baguette slices.
- Nuts: To add texture, sprinkle some crunchy toasted nuts like pecans, walnuts, and almonds over the preserves before you bake the cheese.
This baked brie recipe is one of my personal favorite holiday recipes. I hope you treat yourself to one this year! It’s so easy and always a hit.