Greek tortellini pasta salad is a quick and easy recipe for a light dinner or a side dish for potlucks, BBQs, picnics, and other summer get-togethers. It’s loaded with fresh Mediterranean flavors like Kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumber, and feta cheese along with a tangy vinaigrette.
If you’re looking for an easy pasta salad to make on repeat all summer long, this Greek tortellini salad is for you. It’s so easy to make and the flavors are bright, fresh, and pair with the summer main dishes. Fresh veggies, tender cheese tortellini, creamy feta cheese, and a delicious red wine vinegar dressing combine to make the best summer salad.
- It’s so easy – the tortellini cooks fast, the dressing whisks up in no time, and there are just a few vegetables to chop.
- The flavors are bright and tangy – perfect for a warm day.
- You can serve it as a side dish or add cooked chicken to make it a meal.
- Make it ahead, serve it chilled or at room temperature.
- Frozen cheese tortellini
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Diced cucumber
- Diced tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- Diced green bell pepper
- Diced red onion
- Sliced kalamata olives
- Crumbled feta cheese
How to Make It
Cook the pasta: Boil the tortellini following package directions and then drain it and spread it out onto a baking sheet to cool.
Make the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper until well combined.
Assemble the salad: Place the diced cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, and cooked tortellini in the bowl with the dressing. Lightly toss or stir to combine. Add the feta cheese and toss again. Refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve it.
Some Recipe Tips!
You can serve this salad chilled or at room temperature. I think it tastes good cold, but not ice cold from the fridge. So, if you make it ahead I recommend letting it sit out at room temperature for a bit so it’s not freezing cold.
If making it ahead, wait to add the feta cheese before serving the salad. Also, whisk a few tablespoons of olive oil and vinegar and toss it with the salad. The pasta will soak up some of the dressing while it sits, so adding a little extra when serving it helps.
Some ways to switch it up: Chopped artichoke hearts would be delicious in this salad, if you like a kick of heat add a few pinches of red pepper flakes, or add some grilled chicken to make it a main dish. For the Greek dressing ingredients, sometimes I use balsamic vinegar instead of red wine vinegar.
Give this one a try and enjoy! It’s fresh, fast and delicious – the perfect pasta salad for the summer.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
Greek tortellini pasta salad is an easy recipe for a light dinner or a side dish. t’s loaded with fresh Mediterranean flavors like Kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumber, and feta cheese tossed with a tangy vinaigrette.
- 10 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-oz) cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (about 1/4 quarter of a whole onion)
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Boil the tortellini following package instructions. Drain it and then spread it out onto a baking sheet to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper until well combined. Place the diced cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, and tortellini in the bowl. Toss or stir to coat everything in the dressing. Add the feta cheese and toss again.
- If making ahead, wait to add the feta cheese before serving the salad. It can be served chilled or at room temperature.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Greek Inspired
- Calories: 503
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Sodium: 667.6mg
- Fat: 32.2g
- Saturated Fat: 8.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 21.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 43.1g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 13.8g
- Cholesterol: 46.5mg
Keywords: Greek pasta salad, Greek tortellini pasta salad, tortellini salad
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.