Quick and easy buffalo chicken lettuce wraps made with rotisserie chicken, a spicy buffalo sauce, and crisp lettuce leaves. Enjoy them as is or add toppings like ranch or blue cheese dressing, fresh green onions, and creamy avocado. This easy dinner is ready in 20 minutes, or make this recipe ahead for easy lunches during the week.
Table of contents
Think of these buffalo chicken lettuce wraps as the more refined version of a plate of buffalo wings. You get all of the flavors spicy, delicious flavors but transformed into pretty lettuce wraps. Instead of wings, you get shredded rotisserie chicken, and instead of dunking into the dressing, you drizzle it over the top. They’re a little less messy, a lot less greasy, and so, so good.
- This recipe is all about shortcuts – you can use rotisserie chicken, a store-bought buffalo sauce, and your favorite bottled dressing.
- It’s a 20-minute operation from start to finish – just mix up and simmer the sauce, coat the chicken, wrap and enjoy. You can also prep a few toppings in the time it takes to make the sauce.
- This is a great meal prep recipe – you can make the chicken and then assemble the lettuce wraps later for easy lunches or dinners.
- If you’re not into wraps, you can toss the saucy chicken with chopped lettuce and dressing to make a salad instead. Or, wrap it up in flour tortillas. There’s a few options with this one, friends.
I love short-cut chicken recipes like this, so if you’re looking for other ideas be sure to check out out my short-cut rotisserie chicken recipes for even more ideas.
Ready to make some buffalo chicken wraps? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Buffalo sauce – there are several options and I use Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Unsalted butter
- Yellow mustard
- Soy sauce – you can also use Worcesteshire sauce
- Shredded cooked chicken – rotisserie chicken works great
- Butter lettuce leaves, bibb lettuce or romaine lettuce leaves
This lettuce wraps recipe has a prep time of 15 minutes and the cook time is only about five minutes. Total time? 20 minutes and dinner is ready.
Combine the buffalo sauce, salted butter, mustard, paprika, and soy sauce in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to maintain a simmer and cook the sauce for five minutes.
Remove the pan from the heart and add the shredded chicken. Mix until the chicken is completely coated.
Serve the buffalo chicken mixture wrapped in the lettuce leaves and add your toppings, if using.
You can serve them plain, but I highly recommend adding some toppings and garnishes. Here are some I like:
- A drizzle of dressing – make my homemade ranch dressing or use your favorite store-bought brand. Blue cheese dressing is also welcome.
- Sliced green onions, chopped red onion, diced tomatoes, or diced avocado add a pop of freshness.
- Sprinkle some blue cheese crumbles over the top.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley or cilantro.
- Have some extra hot sauce or buffalo sauce on the side if you really like it spicy and saucy!
Chicken: If you don’t want to use rotisserie chicken you can use leftover baked or grilled boneless chicken breasts. I recommend using plain chicken that isn’t flavored with other sauces or seasoning. Or, cook a batch of shredded chicken in your slow cooker or Instant Pot.
Meal Prep: Make the sauce and chicken ahead and keep it in the refrigerator. You can enjoy it cold or reheat it for an easy meal during the week.
Make it an Appetizer: Place the buffalo chicken in a bowl and serve it with a platter with the lettuce cups, toppings, and dressings. Add some veggies like celery sticks and carrot sticks on the side. It’s great for game day!
Make it a Salad Instead: Sometimes I just toss the buffalo chicken with chopped romaine and iceberg lettuce to make a big salad. Add the ranch dressing (or blue cheese) plus other add-ins like tomatoes, onions, and crumbled cheese.
Or Make a Sandwich Wrap: You can also roll the chicken up in a large flour tortilla with lettuce dressing and other toppings!
Easy, fresh, and flavorful. There’s a lot to love about these buffalo chicken lettuce wraps! I hope you give this one a try and like it as much as I do. Enjoy!
P.S. Want more easy recipes? Be sure to check out my post with lots of easy boneless skinless chicken breast recipes. There are a lot of ideas!
More Lettuce Wrap Recipes
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe, along with your recipe star rating.Print
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Quick and easy buffalo chicken lettuce wraps made with rotisserie chicken, a spicy buffalo sauce, and crisp lettuce leaves. This is an easy dinner that’s ready in 20 minutes!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 16 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken
- Butter lettuce leaves or romaine lettuce leaves
- Ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing
- Diced avocado
- Sliced green onions
- Diced tomato
- Combine the buffalo sauce, salted butter, mustard, paprika, and soy sauce in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat to maintain a simmer and cook the sauce for five minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the shredded chicken. Mix until the chicken is completely coated.
- Serve the buffalo chicken wrapped in the lettuce leaves and add your toppings, if using.
The nutrtition estimates doesn’t include the optional toppings.
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Sodium: 1543.3mg
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 29.4g
- Cholesterol: 100.3mg
Keywords: easy shredded buffalo chicken, buffalo chicken lettuce wraps
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.