BLT Pasta Salad
More Summer RecipesPrint
A fun twist on a traditional BLT this salad has a creamy mayo dressing, crispy bacon, and sweet cherry tomatoes.
- 3/4 of a pound of rotini pasta
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 big handfuls of spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (slice large ones in half)
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Spread the pasta out in a single layer on a large baking pan. Stick the pan in the refrigerator until the pasta is nicely chilled.
- While the pasta is chilling cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan and let the slices drain on a paper towel.
- Make the dressing by combining the mayo with the thyme, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt.
- Add the chilled pasta to a large bowl. Add the onion, chopped spinach, and cherry tomatoes and toss to combine. Add the dressing and toss everything together until everything is coated evenly in the dressing. Top with the crispy chopped bacon and serve.
The salad can be prepped ahead, but keep the pasta, dressing, and bacon separate until ready to serve.[br]Don’t skip chilling the pasta. Hot pasta will cause the mayo to break down and get runny — tossing it with cold pasta will ensure the dressing stays nice and creamy!
- Calories: 697
- Fat: 43.5g
- Carbohydrates: 59.6g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 15.6g