Lemon Streusel Muffins
It’s all about lemon streusel muffins today, but before I get to that a few updates…
If you’ve been following the blog you might have noticed some changes this week — Girl Gone Gourmet has a whole new look and feel thanks to a recent move from Blogger to WordPress (finally!). The blog appears to have arrived in one piece – all 237 posts, 890 comments, and 600+ images made the transition and I’m relieved it went well. Now that the scary part is over it’s time to set up house. There are some boxes to unpack, walls to paint and decorating to do, which will take some time, but I’m excited about this new site and the whole new look for Girl Gone Gourmet – it’s been long overdue!
Needless to say, I am ready for the weekend! So let’s get back to the lemon streusel muffins. If you are looking to brighten your Saturday morning give these a try – they’re lemony with a sugary topping and perfect for a Saturday morning. They are easy to make (only one bowl!) leaving plenty of time to relax, drink coffee and read
US Weekly important news periodicals.
Three cheers for the weekend!
More Muffin Recipes
Light and lemony muffins with a crunchy brown sugar topping.
For the Topping
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes
For the Muffin Batter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a standard muffin tin by either lining with paper liners or spraying with cooking spray.
- Make the topping: Stir the brown sugar and flour together until combined. Add the butter and, using your hands, work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles damp sand. Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the muffin batter.
- Make the batter: Stir together the oil, sugar, egg, and lemon zest. Add the lemon juice and Greek yogurt and stir until combined. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir it all together until just combined. Fill each muffin slot approximately halfway with batter. Remove the topping from the fridge and, using a fork, break up any large lumps of sugar and butter. Sprinkle the topping on each muffin until completely covered.
- Bake the muffins: Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool the muffins for about 10 minutes in the pan. Serve the muffins warm, or completely cool them on a rack before storing in an airtight container.
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 149
- Fat: 7.3g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.7g