Lemon Streusel Muffins
It’s all about lemon streusel muffins today, but before I get to that a few updates…
If you’ve been following the blog you might have noticed some changes this week — Girl Gone Gourmet has a whole new look and feel thanks to a recent move from Blogger to WordPress (finally!). The blog appears to have arrived in one piece – all 237 posts, 890 comments, and 600+ images made the transition and I’m relieved it went well. Now that the scary part is over it’s time to set up house. There are some boxes to unpack, walls to paint and decorating to do, which will take some time, but I’m excited about this new site and the whole new look for Girl Gone Gourmet – it’s been long overdue!
Needless to say, I am ready for the weekend! So let’s get back to the lemon streusel muffins. If you are looking to brighten your Saturday morning give these a try – they’re lemony with a sugary topping and perfect for a Saturday morning. They are easy to make (only one bowl!) leaving plenty of time to relax, drink coffee and read
US Weekly important news periodicals.
Three cheers for the weekend!
More Muffin Recipes
Light and lemony muffins with a crunchy brown sugar topping.
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
For the Muffin Batter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest (from about 2 small lemons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
Make the Topping:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar for the topping.
- Add the cubed butter and cut it into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse sand. The easiest way to do this is with your hands. It will take a few minutes to get the right texture.
Make the Batter:
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter with the sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add the lemon zest and juice and stir to combine. Add the eggs and mix and then stir in the milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir just until combined. The batter will be thick and will have some lumps and that’s okay. Fill each muffin liner about 2/3 full and then sprinkle the topping over each.
- Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove them from the pan and let them cool on a baking rack. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
Keywords: lemon muffins, streusel muffins
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.