Two favorite ingredients combine to make this Peanut Butter Banana Bread. If you love peanut butter and bananas you will love it! Slather a slice with butter and honey for an extra sweet treat.
I first shared a version of this peanut butter bread way back in 2010 and then gave it a little makeover in 2017 after I read David Leite’s memoir, Notes on a Banana. David has a James Beard award-winning website, Leite’s Culinaria, and his book is as delightful as the personal essays on his site.
I was inspired to update the recipe after reading about how David’s mom used to write notes on bananas before putting them in his lunch bag. And so I bought a bunch just to write notes on them and then I turned them into banana bread. Banana bread with peanut butter, which is the best combination.
And so, here are we are today and I thought I’d reshare this recipe because it’s the perfect baking project. The batter is easy to make, the scent of the bread while it bakes is amazing and, once it’s cooled, cutting off a slice is the nicest afternoon snack along with a cup of coffee.
This recipe makes enough for two 9×5″ loaves.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Mashed bananas
- Melted unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Peanut butter
It’s all very easy – just combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until just combined.
Divide the batter between the two pans and bake them for about an hour at 350°F. The banana bread is done with a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool the bread in the pan for at least 15 minutes and then remove it and cool it completely on a baking rack.
Tips for Storing the Bread
- It will keep well at room temperature for several days. Just keep it tightly wrapped. Or, you can keep it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- You can also freeze the loaves. Tightly wrap them and then store them in a large freezer bag. They will be good for up to three months.
I hope you enjoy it!
More Baking RecipesPrint
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Two favorite ingredients combine to make this Peanut Butter Banana Bread. If you love peanut butter and bananas you will love it!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 20 slices 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9×5″ loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder. In a larger bowl, mix bananas, butter, sugar, peanut butter, eggs, and milk until well combined. Add the dry ingredients, in batches, to the wet ingredients stirring just until combined.
- Pour the batter in the prepared the prepared pans. Bake for approximatley 50 minutes to 1 hour. Use a skewer or cake tester to check it’s baked through. Let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
The bread will keep well at room temperature for several days or up to a week in the refrigerator. You can also freeze the loaves for up to three months.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 15.3g
- Sodium: 310.4mg
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 30.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 29.2mg
Keywords: peanut butter banana bread
Updated from the archives. First published Oct 2010.