Homemade Passion Fruit Iced Tea is a refreshing summer drink that’s easy to make. You only need four ingredients to make this tropical drink – you’ll be sitting on the porch sipping this fruity tropical iced tea in no time at all!
Because we’re feeling all fancy-like and ready to get our refreshing drink game going for the summer, I present to you passion fruit iced tea. It’s tropical, sweet, and easier to make than you think!
- Black tea bags
- Boiling water
- Granulated sugar
- Passion fruit
💌 Sign up for the Girl Gone Gourmet Newsletter and get recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
How to Make It
Steep the tea bags in the boiling water for three to four minutes.
Add the sugar and stir until it’s dissolved.
Cut the passion fruits in half and scoop the passion fruit seeds and pulp into the tea.
Pour the passion fruit iced tea into glasses filled with ice cubes.
Tips and Tricks
- You can make the tea ahead and chill it in a pitcher in the refrigerator. Add the passion fruit before serving so it’s nice and fresh.
- And about the passion fruit – if you can’t find fresh fruit look for passion fruit puree or pulp. Goya makes it (sure there are other brands, too) just thaw it first in the refrigerator.
- Instead of granulated sugar, you can use simple syrup which is just equal parts sugar and water simmered until the sugar melts. Or you can try flavored syrups like vanilla or sweeten your drink with honey.
- If you’re really feeling fancy garnish your ice tea drinks with fresh mint leaves.
Ready to sip on some iced passion fruit tea? It’s such an easy recipe and a great way to put a spin on a plain old glass of iced tea. Enjoy!
Happy drink making,
More Summer Drinks
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
Easy Passion Fruit Iced Tea is a quick drink recipe with just four ingredients. It’s tropical and refreshing – a great summer drink!
- 3 bags black tea
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 passion fruits (see note)
- Boil the water and then steep the tea bags in it for three to four minutes.
- Stir in the sugar until it has dissolved.
- Cut the passion fruits in half and scoop the pulp into the tea.
- Serve your tea over ice.
Fruit: If you can’t find fresh passion fruit, you can use frozen passion fruit pulp or puree. Just thaw it first in the refrigerator.
Make-Ahead Tip: You can brew the tea ahead and chill it in the refrigerator. Wait to add the fruit until you’re ready to serve the tea.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Brew
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 20.7g
- Sodium: 17.4mg
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25.8g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: fruit tea, passion fruit tea
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.