Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese
Tips for Making Pumpkin Muffins
- Use two bowls to make the batter. One to whisk the dry ingredients and another (larger bowl) to combine the wet ingredients. This makes it easier to combine all of the ingredients without overmixing the batter.
- For the cream cheese mixture – it helps to start with room temperature cream cheese, but if you forget to leave it out I recommend using an electric mixer to mix it with the sugar and egg. The beaters will warm up the cream cheese and will make it easier to mix.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the prepared muffin pan. Each muffin mold should be filled about halfway. Top each with two teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture. I use a long toothpick to mix the cream cheese into the batter.
- The cream cheese will bake into the muffin at the top so, once baked they will be light orange in color with flecks and streaks of cream cheese.
- Cool the muffins in the muffin pan and then run a dinner knife around the edges to loosen it before lifting them out of the pan.
- The muffins will keep well at room temperature for two days. Or, you can keep them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- You can also freeze the pumpkin muffins. Just pop them in an airtight container and they will keep in the freezer for up to three months or so. You can thaw them at room temperature or pop them in the microwave to warm them up.
More Muffin Recipes
Looking for more muffins to make for breakfast or snacks? Here are a few more favorite muffin recipes to try:
- Banana Walnut Muffins | These bakery-style muffins are topped with a crunchy streusel topping!
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins | These muffins are the perfect excuse to have chocolate for breakfast.
- Maple Gingerbread Muffins | These spiced muffins are perfect for the holidays!
Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese
Bring on the pumpkin spice! These pumpkin muffins with a cream cheese swirl are a must-bake fall treat.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
For the Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cream Cheese:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prep a standard-sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, spices, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin molds. Top each with about two teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture. Using a toothpick, stir the cream cheese into the muffin batter.
- Bake the muffins for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool the muffins in the pan (run a dinner knife around the edges to loosen them) before transferring them to a baking rack.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 14.7g
- Sodium: 251.3mg
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated Fat: 6.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
Keywords: pumpkin muffins, muffins with cream cheese, pumpkin spice muffins, pumpkin cream cheese muffins